Waste Tyre Management
JAX Tyres and Tyrecycle have entered into a partnership to ensure a uniform approach to the environmentally friendly disposal of scrap tyres. Tyres can be recycled for productive uses in the future, taking on a second life and meeting regulatory compliance requirements..
JAX removes the risk of scrap tyres being dumped in landfill, burnt or left on temporarily rented fields or properties by unscrupulous traders. The long term environmental and societal costs on local flora, fauna, waterways and the population from irresponsible tyre disposal should be eliminated. Tyrecycle’s entry into national resource recovery in 1992 has it well positioned to recycle scrap rubber, constantly developing methods to stop waste rubber from entering landfill. Waste tyre management is included in the quoted price of your new tyre service..
For more information on the harmful practice of improper waste tyre disposal see the following links;
- Boomerang Alliance Skids Campaign
- Boomerang Alliance Toxic Tyres
- Tyrecycle; why recycle
- Tyrecycle; the recycling process
- Fairfax Media's Environmental Editor Peter Hannam; Oil slick danger from tyres in fire
- 'All of the tyres' Fairfax Media video with David West
- JAX Blog; Boomerang Alliance putting the skids on waste tyres
- JAX Blog; Waste Tyres a major environmental issue
- JAX Blog; JAX announces tyre recycle