Career Opportunities - ACT
About the company
JAX Tyres is a leading Australian tyre retailer that has been proudly servicing the needs of the Australian public for over 65 years. We specialise in the sales and service of tyres, wheels, brakes and suspension. The company operates more than 80 franchised stores in Eastern Australia and employs more than 500 people.
At JAX Tyres we are a dedicated team who pride ourselves on our ability to confidently fulfil the highest possible standards of service & excellence.
About the position
As an Master Automotive Technician (Motor Mechanic – Light Vehicle), you will be required to carry out the servicing and the mechanical duties in accordance with Australian industry standards and as specified by JAX Tyres.
You need to identify and rectify vehicle faults focusing on JAX Approved mechanical steering, brakes, suspensions and seasonal oil service.
Occasionally as required, perform wheel alignment and conducting post alignment checks, road testing if required. Carry out the fitting, balancing, repairs and general servicing of tyres and ancillary products as directed.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold relevant & valid qualifications as required – Minimum Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- Recognise and report obviously worn or potentially dangerous components of customer vehicles
- Successfully repair all customer vehicles focusing on JAX Tyres core products of tyres, wheels, brakes, suspension and associated services
- Possess a current valid Australian driver's licence
- Excellent customer service and time management skills
- Be fit and able to carry out manual labour
- Comply with WHS rules, regulations and procedures
- Be positive and have a 'can-do 'attitude
- Be reliable & punctual on a daily basis
The successful applicant will receive:
- Industry leading training and qualifications offered by the JAX Academy, delivering career pathways from apprentice technicians through to franchise business owners.
- Attractive salary package at above award rate
- Generous staff discounts on products and services
- Reward and recognition for the difference you make to the business
* Experience is essential to apply
* Open to Australian residents and qualifying current Visa holders Only
If you want to launch your career with a leading Australian tyre retailer who is rapidly expanding, proudly customer-focused, innovative and empowering their employees, please forward your cover letter and resume via the link below.
To express interest in the position for the JAX Tyres Hawthorn Automotive Technician position send all resumes to email@example.com
Created 17 May 2019