Cameron McConville comments before V8 Supercar Championship in Tasmania
V8 Supercar driver, Cameron McConville, is supported by JAX Tyres Current Championship Position: 19th Points : 1182 pts
Event: Falken Tasmania Challenge, Symmons Plains, Launceston, Tasmania
Cameron McConville, who is supported by JAX Tyres, made the following comments :
"I am looking forward to racing again after a shocker in Bahrain.I first raced at Symmons Plains in a Formula Ford at the ripe age of 17, then in 1999 I raced a V8 for the very first time for HRT so there's a bit of special history for me at this venue. I intend to complete the season and our final 6 sprint races on a high note"
(See Event Circuit Data Below)
November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 2.4 km. Anti Clockwise. 8.
- Qualifying record: - 0:51.5657, Garth Tander, '07. (Qualifying)
- Lap record: - 0:52.0170, Steven Richards, '05. (Race 3)
- Top speed: - 260 km/h. Approach to Turn 7.
- Slowest corner: - Turn 5, 50 km/h.
- Average lap speed: - 166.2 km/h. (3rd fastest of 15 on the Series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 56% of 52 second lap or 29 seconds.
- Longest straight: - Turn 5 to Turn 7, 795m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets. (Qualifying & 3 Races)
- Laps & distance: - 32 laps 3.823 km x 3 races
- Fuel burn per race: - 88 litres. (67 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 1.7 litres. (1.3 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 31 seconds.