Cameron McConville previews V8 Supercar Championship at the Gold Coast
2008 Australia V8 Supercar Championship : Round 11
V8 Supercar driver, Cameron McConville is supported by JAX Tyres
Cameron McConville, who is supported by JAX Tyres, made the following comments :
"It will be nice to get back into my familiar saddle of the blue and yellow WOW machine. It feels like ages since I have been on that side of the garage. The Gold Coast event is my favourite event of the year and I've had strong results there. The WOW car has been on a roll in the last few events so I am absolutely determined to keep it up near the pointy end.
The key to street circuit events is running fast and error free. The concrete is always ready to eat cars so we really have to be on our game"
Current Championship Position: 16th
Points : 1018 pts
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 4.5 km. Anti Clockwise. 12
- Qualifying record: - 1:48.6322, Garth Tander, '07. (Qualifying)
- Lap record: - 1:49.8352, Garth Tander, '07. (Race 3)
- Top speed: - 257 km/h. Approach to Turn 1.
- Slowest corner: - Turn 12, 60 km/h.
- Average lap speed: - 147.5 km/h. (11th fastest of 15 on the Series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 55% of 110 second lap or 61 seconds
- Longest straight: - Turn 12 to Turn 1, 780m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets. (Qualifying & 3 Races)
- Laps & distance: - 27 laps 121.5 km x 3 races.
- Fuel burn per race: - 93 litres. (71 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 3.2 litres. (2.4 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 35 seconds.
- November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin