V8 Supercar Championship: Cameron comments before Round 5 at Sandown
Cameron McConville, is supported by JAX Tyres
The 5th Round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship will be held this weekend at Sandown Raceway, Melbourne.
Cameron McConville, who is supported by JAX Tyres, made the following comments :
"I am stoked that I don't have to share my race car at such a great track! Cheers to the Sandown sprint round idea. I get to sleep in my own bed for the whole race round. As for our result potential, we tested last week and continue to improve - it's onwards and upwards"
Current Championship Position: 12th
Points : 525 pts
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 3.1 km. Clockwise. 13
- Qualifying record: - 1:10.4430, James Courtney, 2007.
- Lap record: - 1:10.8251, Marcos Ambrose, 2004.
- Top speed: - 265 km/h. Approach to Turn 6. (Back straight)
- Slowest corner: - Turn 4, 75 km/h. (Onto back straight)
- Average lap speed: - 157 km/h. (7th fastest of 15 on the series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 56% of the lap or 40.0 seconds.
- Longest straight: - Turn 4 to Turn 6, 860m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets. (Qual. + 3 races)
- Laps & distance: - 39 laps 120 km x 3 races.
- Fuel burn per race: - 82.0 litres. (62.3 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 2.0 litres. (1.52 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 40 seconds.
- November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin