2008 Australian V8 Supercar Championship Round 4 : Cameron McConville
The 4th Round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship will be held this weekend at Barbagallo. V8 Supercar driver, Cameron McConville, supported by JAX Tyres, made the following comments :
"I have fond memories of Barbagallo, in 1992 I raced there in a Formula Ford and held the lap record for 10 years until the track was resurfaced. We're back on a permanent race track again and I really enjoy racing in W.A and generally deliver solid results."
Current Championship Position: 13th
Points : 421 pts
V8 Supercar Championship Round Starts: 114
Previous Qualifying, Race & Round Results, Barbagallo: 2007 - Q 26th, R1 19th, R2 24th, R3 16th, Rd 23rd
V8 Supercar driver, Cameron McConville, supported by JAX Tyres
(See Event Circuit Data Below)
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 2.41 km Clockwise. 7 Turns.
- Qualifying record: - 0:55.6278, Craig Lowndes, 2005
- Lap record: - 0:55.9440, Jason Bright, 2004
- Top speed: - 245 km/h. Approach to Turn 7 (final turn)
- Slowest corner: - Turn 1, 95 km/h.
- Average lap speed: - 155 km/h. (8th fastest on series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 49% of the lap or 27.6 seconds.
- Longest straight: - Turn 6 to Turn 7, 660m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets, Qualifying & Races.
- Laps & distance: - 50 laps 120 km x 3 races.
- Fuel burn per race: - 88 litres. (67 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 1.7 litres per lap. (1.3 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 35 seconds.
- November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin