Cameron McConville comments before V8 Supercar Championship Round 6
is supported by JAX Tyres
The 6th Round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship will be held this weekend at Hidden Valley, Darwin in the Northern Territory.
Cameron McConville, who is supported by JAX Tyres, made the following comments :
"Last year at Hidden Valley I was still racing the old model VZ Holden so it's no surprise that I am counting the days until I am driving a good car there again. The Championship points are so tight between 3 or 4 of us but a consistent weekend will help me break ahead and I expect to be both consistent and very competitive"
Current Championship Position: 14th
Points : 663 pts
(See Event Circuit Data Below)
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 2.87 km. Anti clockwise. 13
- Qualifying record: - 1:07.8546, Jason Bright, 2002. (Shootout)
- Lap record: - 1:09.0273, Marcos Ambrose, 2001. (Race 2)
- Top speed: - 265 km/h. Approach to Turn 1.
- Slowest corner: - Turn 6, 65 km/h.
- Average lap speed: - 149.7 km/h. (10th fastest of 15 on the series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 45% of 69 second lap or 31 seconds.
- Longest straight: - Turn 14 to Turn 1, 830m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets. (Qualifying & 3 Races)
- Laps & distance: - 42 laps 120.54 km x 3 races
- Fuel burn per race: - 79 litres. (60 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 1.8 litres. (1.36 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 34 seconds.
- November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin