V8 Supercar Championship Grand Finale Preview: Oran Park Raceway, Sydney
V8 Supercar driver, Cameron McConville, is supported by JAX Tyres
The Grand Finale of the 2008 Australian V8 Supercar Championship will be held at Oran Park Raceway.
Cameron McConville, who is supported by JAX Tyres, commented before the 14th Round at Oran Park Raceway :
"A Top 10 Round result for the Team is on the cards here for sure. I have produced some of my best career results here at Oran Park particularly in Qualifying."
"It's a shame we are saying farewell to this track, despite showing it's age in a few places, it's a great old family favourite and we all love it. Including the AGP, we've done 38 races so far this year. It's been a long, tough season, so I'm looking forward to making our last 3 races here pretty special."
Current Championship Position: 22th Points : 1264 pts
(See Event Circuit Data Below)
November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 2.62 km. Figure 8/Anti-clockwise.12
- Qualifying record: - 1:07.4800, Mark Skaife, '99. (Qualifying)
- Lap record: - 1:08.0631, Craig Lowndes, '99. (Race 1)
- Top speed: - 245 km/h. Approach to Turn 1.Â
- Slowest corner: - Â Turn 3, 75 km/h
- Average lap speed: - 138.7 km/h. (14th fastest of 15 on the Series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 33% of 69 second lap or 23 seconds
- Longest straight: - Turn 12 to Turn 1, 520m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets. (Qualifying & 3 Races)
- Laps & distance: - 46 laps 2.62 km x 3 races.
- Fuel burn per race: - 86 litres. (65 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 1.8 litres. (1.4 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 32 seconds.