Cameron McConville comments before V8 Supercar Championship Bahrain
Cameron McConville, is supported by JAX Tyres
The 12th Round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship will be held Bahrain, the most interesting and exotic of all the event locations.
Cameron McConville, who is supported by JAX Tyres, made the following comments :
"The Bahrain International Circuit is a 1st class facility and it's a real treat for the drivers to race on such a track. It's a long way to travel for our Series but because of the facility and it'sproximity to Europe it's worth the 20 hours travel time to shine the international spotlight on what we do. Recently we've been finding the sweet spot again with the set-up of the WOW carso I'm expecting a strong run."
Current Championship Position: 18th Points : 1090 pts
(See Event Circuit Data Below)
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 3.823 km. Clockwise. 10
- Qualifying record: - 1:24.0551, Garth Tander, '06. (Qualifying)
- Lap record: - 1:24.9102, Jason Bright, '06. (Race 1)
- Top speed: - 270 km/h. Approach to Turn 1.
- Slowest corner: - Turn 1, 60 km/
- Average lap speed: - 162.1 km/h. (4th fastest of 15 on the Series tour)
- 100% throttle: - 55% of 85 second lap or 47 seconds
- Longest straight: - Turn 10 to Turn 1, 900m. (Section at 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 12 slicks (dry) & 12 wets. (Qualifying & 3 Races)
- Laps & distance: - 32 laps 3.823 km x 3 races
- Fuel burn per race: - 85 litres. (65 kg)
- Average fuel burn: - 2.5 litres. (1.9 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - 44 seconds.
- November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin