Cameron McConville and BOC Team have tough day out at Bathurst
2008 Australia V8 Supercar Championship : Round 10
The Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 proved to be a tough day out for Team BOC.
Despite working tirelessly to overcome some chassis handling issues all weekend, Cameron McConville, Andrew Jones and the entire Team BOC crew endured the frustration of sustaining damage after an incident at Turn 2 on Lap 38. On the upside, the Seven Network telecast generated a massive number of viewers.
"An undesirable finish to the weekend, for some unknown reason we never found a happy balance for the car across the weekend. The Warm Up session was actually the most encouraging but unfortunately it did not continue into the race. The upside is the WOW car had a strong, consistent race and the entire Team have worked so hard for this result."
Event, Circuit Data
- Track - Length/Direction & Turns: - 6.213 km. Anti - clockwise. 23
- Qualifying record: - 2:06.8594, Greg Murphy, '03 Shootout
- Lap record: - 2:08.4651, Jamie Whincup, '07
- Top speed: - 298 km/h. Conrod Straight
- Slowest corner: - 90 km/h. Forrest's Elbow
- Average lap speed: - 174 km/h. (2nd fastest of 15 circuits on tour)
- 100% throttle: - 55% of 127 second lap or 70 seconds
- Longest straight: - Conrod Straight, 1350m. (At 100% throttle)
- Tyre allocation: - 24 slicks (dry) & unlimited wets
- Laps & distance: - 161 Laps (107 lap max. per driver) 1000 km
- Fuel burn per race: - 587 litres (446 kg) (Max. fuel tank cap. = 120L)
- Average fuel burn: - 3.6 litres. (2.7 kg)
- Time loss for pit stop, lane transit & in/out: - Fuel stop = 70 secs. Tyre stop = 40 secs.
- November 2009 Update: Cameron McConville joins JAX Tyres to run the new store in Moorabbin