Light Vehicle Servicing
JAX Tyres & Auto are currently offering a vehicle service for $179*. For more information please click the link to the left.
Regular servicing is essential to the longevity of your car and its ongoing safety. By making sure it is serviced at regular intervals, you will be saving yourself money in the long term and help make your motoring experience safer for you and your family and friends. A basic service should not be terribly expensive, but it should cover some important areas, and include some diagnostic elements. There are certain key parts of your vehicle which need to be regularly maintained not only to ensure efficient functioning, but also ongoing safety.
What should a light vehicle service cover?
A light vehicle service is meant to ensure your vehicle is safe and well maintained, so that wear and tear can be minimised and potential problems spotted early before they create a more major problem. A typical light vehicle service may include the following:
- Oil change. The engine requires fresh, clean oil in order to function at its peak.
- Make sure the mechanics dispose of the old oil in a manner approved by the EPA
- Brakes should be checked and adjusted as necessary
- A full report on their status and any work needing to be done should be supplied
- Tyres should be checked and wheels aligned
- Transmission and diff oil levels need to be checked
- All water levels need to be inspected
- Steering and suspension need to be checked and reported on
In a nutshell, a basic service like this will replace the oil and look at all the important, major functions of your car. Adjustments will be made when necessary, and a full report will be given suggesting any areas where work may need to be done.
Why have a light vehicle service?
A service of this type is highly recommended on a regular basis. Just how regular is determined by manufacturer recommendations. Not only does fresh oil ensure you get maximum performance and longevity from your engine, but a check and adjustment of other areas such as brakes, will also ensure they last as long as possible and forewarn you of any work that may need to be done. From a safety point of view the merits of properly functioning brakes can not be overstated, but services like these are also handy because they allow you to plan ahead a little. For example you may be told that you will need new brake pads at the next service. This allows you to plan your motoring budget. It is also true that preventative work will save you money. Getting a problem fixed early on is always cheaper than allowing it to become a major repair issue later on.
Regular Light Vehicle Services
Having regular services will give you peace of mind, knowing that your car is safe and its engine is running as efficiently as the maker intended, meaning you are also minimising emissions. When you think about it, it makes sense. And this kind of service is surprisingly affordable.
* Some imported, high performance recreational, sports utility vehicles, diesel, 4x4, commercial or front wheel drive vehicles may cost a little more.