Dunlop Dominates Targa Tasmania
Dunlop dominated the podium at the 2009 Targa Tasmania tarmac rally, with six of the seven main category winners using Dunlop tyres.
Ken Wieden, Dunlop's National Motorcycle & Motorsport Manager, said that Dunlop's DZ03G tyre has been very popular at Targa due to its superior dry and wet grip, and durability.
"Dunlop was pleased that nearly half of the teams chose Dunlop tyres to tackle the challenging racing conditions during the six-day Targa Tasmania rally," Mr Wieden said.
"The majority of the Dunlop-shod drivers were fitted with our DZ03G tarmac rally tyres, which have a symmetrical tread pattern offering excellent drainage capability, complemented with casing and profile designs that lift dry performance for improved even wear characteristics," he said.
"Whilst the DZ03G tyre was designed for tarmac rallies, this is the same tyre that won the Bathurst 12 Hour so it can also go the distance inEndurance Circuit Racing," he said.
In the prominent 'modern' category, Tony Quinn won with his Nissan GTR, which is shod with Dunlop's SP600 as original equipment.
Category Winners Using Dunlop Tyres
- Modern - 1st Quinn/Tillet Nissan GTR (15 of 1st 20 places on Dunlop)
- Early Modern - 1st Shaw/Parish Mazda RX7 (6 of 1st 10 places on Dunlop)
- Showroom - 1st Johnston/Stoneman MitsubishiLancer Evo (1st 8 places on Dunlop)
- Late Classic - 1st Broadbent/Goedheer Porsche 911 Carrera (8 of 1st 10 places on Dunlop)
- Early Classic - 1st Batten/Batten Volvo PV544
- Rookie Rallye Modern - 1st Richmond/Lemish Nissan Skyline GT-R